EUMASS Congress Learning Objectives
The 23rd EUMASS Congress in Basel provides a venue for presenting research and practice and policy developments for insurance medicine innovation as well as for spreading evidence-based knowledge of clinical relevance.
Professionals in insurance medicine and associated professionals attending the 23rd EUMASS Congress will be able to:
- Learn about innovative methods and scientific advances in the field of insurance medicine, social security, work related disease and adjacent specialties;
- Learn about the latest data and emerging trends from studies in Scientific and Good Practice research;
- Enhance their knowledge of evidence-based approaches in insurance medicine;
- Gain new knowledge on emerging diagnostic and risk-assessment strategies in the management of insurance medical claims;
- Enhance practical knowledge and skills by educational activities;
- Communicate, collaborate and network with representatives of a large international audience – medical professionals, national professional societies of insurance medicine, and researchers.
In the process of identifying the learning needs the following procedures have been used:
- The EUMASS Council has identified gaps of knowledge through benchmarking procedures.
- The EUMASS Council has analysed feedback from the delegates of earlier congresses (Survey and analysis of discussions of the 22rd EUMASS Congress in Maastricht)
- The EUMASS Scientific Committee has identified the areas of active scientific development in insurance medicine
- The EUMASS Scientific Committee has, through their group of experts, analysed the need of knowledge from a scientific viewpoint.
- An expert group of EUMASS has surveyed educational gaps by mapping the field of insurance medicine in Europe.
- The EUMASS Organizing Committee has met with European countries.
- The EUMASS Organizing Committee has used national workshops with other authorities including the Public Health Care and Counties.
- The EUMASS Organizing Committee has analysed the Swiss Learning Outcomes for the medical education in order to become a certified specialist physician.
- The EUMASS Organizing Committee has had a meeting with representatives from the Swiss Universities.
- EUMASS Council organised focus groups to identify educational gaps
- The EUMASS Scientific Committee has put all this information together into a list of topics to address and of experts who would address these topics at the congress